Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why use a travel agent? Let me tell you!

In this age of digitized everything, you might find yourself wondering why you should even bother going through a travel agency like mine. That's a totally valid question!!

Let's get one thing straight- we aren't out to steal your money. In fact, most times using a travel agent doesn't end up costing you anything extra! My job is to find you the best bang for your buck, and that's what I'm dedicated to do.

I can also give you expert guidance and advice, helping you to find the best places to visit. You don't have to spend hours researching and wading through a million ad-strewn sites to figure out your vacation itinerary. You can sit back and let me do the work! This will save you time, which these days can be a much-valued commodity.

Your trip will be personalized. You don't need to wonder about if your reservation is just floating out there in the web-o-sphere or if it actually went through. You'll get your reservation details and regular communication so you stay in the loop, and you get to know you are dealing with a real person, not a bot.

It's not all about booking, it's also about the things that can happen while on vacation. Though it doesn't happen often, occasionally you may find yourself in a situation where you want someone to be your advocate. At that time, you'll be happy you have a travel agent like me in your corner! Before I was an agent, I actually ran into a circumstance where an online booking that I made through a jumbo discount site was misrepresented, and I showed up to a smoking room on the top floor despite my booking of a non-smoking, main floor room. I fought for hours, and finally was able to get to a resolution, but it really disrupted the whole beginning of our vacation (and led to a situation where my Border collie ripped apart my sister's guest room, but that's a story for another time!).

Our loyalties lie with YOU, not the suppliers. If you're looking for a Holiday Inn, I'm not going to sell you a Hilton. You want Italy, I'm going to get you there, not France.

Finally, I offer something that most agents don't - a social focus. Every time you book through me, you are allowing me to put money aside to help send low income families and couples on vacations and honeymoons! Everyone deserves a dream vacation, and your travel can help make that a possibility for someone else. :)

Don't forget - you don't even have to talk to me if you don't want to! You can always book travel through my site if you prefer online booking. Just head to www.operationrelax.com .

If you'd like more tips on why you should use a travel agent, you should check out this amazing list on Tripology. To show I'm not biased, I'd also recommend this article on the four times when you shouldn't use a travel agent.

Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment