Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Must-Have Vacation Accessories for a Stress-Free Vacation

Maybe you've been planning for months, or maybe you've just booked on a whim, but regardless you now find yourself getting ready to pack for your dream vacation. You know all the usual things to bring - clothes, sunblock, bug spray, medications, etc - but are there other accessories that could enhance your vacation experience?

My answer is: YES!

I'm not "stuff-centric", and definitely don't have "stuff-itis" - in fact, I tend to live with as little stuff as possible so that I can travel more! :) But there are some items that I definitely feel are worth investing in to help make your vacation experience more stress-free so you can really enjoy yourself.

First (and I'm a little biased on this one), I just can't live without my HipKlips! HipKlips are AMAZING clippable pockets that are PERFECT for when you want to be out enjoying your vacation without lugging a full purse everywhere. They clip to any waistband, or even to the bottom of coats or vests. These little pockets boasts Klips that can handle up to 100lbs of force, making them very very difficult to steal! Plus, if you're really still worried about it, just Klip them inside your clothing (under your pants seam, or even to your bra). They hold the essentials you'll want with you - cash/credit, ID, Passport, and cellphone - and come in every color you could think of. I also keep chapstick in mine. My HipKlips have been to Jamaica, Portugal, and all over the US and I've never had a problem with them. I love this product SO MUCH that I actually got a reseller's license just to be able to sell them at trade shows! So if you want to know more, pop over to my website and watch the video. Cost: $17 - $28


Next, you'll want luggage that can hold up. Ever look outside the plane window prior to takeoff and watch the luggage handlers throwing bags around, or bags getting soaked through in the pouring rain? Yup, it happens all the time, and I've seen many travelers end up with ruined items along with their luggage getting ruined. While some travel insurance will cover damage (you always want to check your policy details to see), most won't and you'll end up with soggy clothes and ripped (and leaking) bags. I'm a big fan of hard-sided luggage - most brands aren't actually that much heavier than cloth bags, and they still come in every size from carry on to super large. I personally have this set from Rockland. I purchased it after buying one of their pieces individually and my husband commandeered it for his business travel - he's gone about 70% of the year, and used the piece the entire time (including hauling super heavy tools in it) and while scratched and stickered a bit it's still in great shape!


Plane rides are never super comfortable (ok, maybe on those luxury plane lines with beds in first class, but that's an exception rather than a rule) but there are two items that can make it much more bearable - a comfy neck pillow, and a sleep mask! If you aren't already wearing de-pressurizing ear plugs (like EarPlanes) you might also want to consider noise-cancelling headphones. These items can help you to "zen out" for a bit, or even just ignore the chatterbox passenger next to you by pretending to sleep. ;) I use a neck pillow that has memory foam, while my hubby prefers a bead-filled one.

Finally, sometimes travel can disrupt your... well... bathroom habits. Especially if you, like me, have food allergies. To keep the romance alive, or keep your friends from giving you an undesirable nickname like "Stinky Pete," I recommend Poo-Pourri. Their product REALLY WORKS, and the price is reasonable. They even have a tiny travel size! Not to mention, their videos are HILARIOUS so that right there makes me want to be a customer. :) All kidding aside, it DOES work (even for the nastiest of food poisoning, which we found out recently on our last cruise) and it's especially good for tight quarters like cruise ship cabins or teeny hotel rooms or airplane lavatories.

What is something YOU can't live without while vacationing?  Post it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment